Greetings From Inside a Hyperbaric Chamber
I’ve always wanted to spend time in a hyperbaric chamber (HBC). I’m not 100% why, either. I thought (and still think) they’re pretty stinkin’ cool. For those of you who aren’t familiar with HBCs, they are chambers that you sit inside while 100% pure oxygen is being pumped in. You don’t have to do anything but stay in it and breathe. Pretty simple, really!
Here is what the HBC is doing and why it will have such a huge impact on your body (compliments of www.hypertc.com):
- The hyperbaric chamber is filled with compressed ambient air from 2 to 4.5 pounds per square inch. (1.3 ATA max) This is the equivalent of 11 feet below sea level.
- The increased pressure allows the blood plasma and other liquids of the body to absorb additional oxygen thus greatly increasing oxygen uptake by the cells, tissues, glands, organs, brain, and fluids of the body.
- The resulting uptake of oxygen allows for increased circulation to areas with swelling or inflammation. At the same time, the increased pressure decreases swelling and inflammation.
- Oxygen is then utilized by the body for vital cell functions, healthier cells equals healthier tissues, and organs.
- The human body is capable of healing itself when it has what it needs. There is NOTHING the human body needs more than OXYGEN.
Here I am in my client’s HBC this week:
Check out this video showing my experience the other day:
QUESTION: What has your experience been with HBCs been?